TAFE – Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited has been committed to making meaningful contributions and accelerating the growth of the community it operates in. TAFE’s CSR activities stretch across domains like agriculture, education, healthcare, community development, conservation and tribal welfare, disaster relief, and preservation and propagation of traditional art forms.
Contributing towards the well-being of the community and in an effort to provide its employees and the general public access to quality eye care without any cost, TAFE’s Doddaballapur plant organized a free eye care camp in association with Narayana Netralaya, Bengaluru, on October 11 and 12, 2017. The camp was organized in TAFE’s Doddaballapur facility for its employees and in the Bashettihalli Government School for the general public.
The camp was inaugurated by Mr. Krishnappa, Ex-President Bashettihalli Gram Panchayat and was well appreciated and received by the people. The camp saw participation from 368 people, of whom 180 were recommended to wear spectacles while 12 were referred for cataract surgery and successfully operated at Narayana Netralaya without any fee.
TAFE reaches out to the society in three different ways:
- Through philanthropic acts
- By working with local communities through direct intervention and dedicated resources, both in terms of manpower and financial support, or through strategic partnerships with government and non-governmental and professional networks to develop a sustainable model for inclusive growth
- Through initiatives that are closely aligned to the broader vision of the company which is about being an active partner and enabler of the agricultural development of the country
As a responsible corporate citizen, TAFE is committed to:
- Enable the farming community to achieve higher productivity and prosperity
- Contribute to the health and welfare of employees and the community it operates in
- Conserve the environment through the propagation of sustainable practices
- Empower the differently-abled by creating meaningful opportunities
- Preserve and perpetuate the rich Indian heritage of art and culture
As with all TAFE’s CSR initiatives, the TAFE Doddaballapur Plant, like its other facilities, aims to make a consistent and lasting contribution towards the well-being of the community and its people. It has been actively engaged in improving their lives and making meaningful contributions towards their development by cultivating joy and #CultivatingTheWorld.